Monday, March 24, 2008

Laline & my subnick

Laline asked me : Mum, after years of residing in HK, i want to know why Jesus was put on that cross. I frowned at her. What do you mean that you don't know? Weren't you taught during masses? No, she was taught, she didn't know... i quickly took out the Passion of Christ and gave it to her. I had a spare disc and i started sharing what i knew. i was surprised that lots of catholics didn't know much. Then she asked me about The Father, The Son & The Holy Spirit. She said that The Father meaning Joseph, The Son meaning Jesus, The Holy Spirit meaning those ghosts......I almost fell off my chair. NO! NO! NO, it's not Joseph. And NO! NO! NO, the Holy Spirit are not those ghosts....By now, Laline was completely confused. So in simple broken English, I said : Joseph is not The Father, here we meant God. Joseph is only biological human father to Jesus. Can you tell the difference now, i asked...

i told her that she should for studies. She said that she used to attend El Shaddai but because she didn't like the pastor, so she quit. I told her that she will be going to learn the word, not to like or dislike the pastor. She dislike because the pastor was asking for tithes and she has this thought that they are pocketing for themselves. She mentioned that some pastors in Phils were filthy rich too. I guessed that many people have this same concept when talking about tithes. Hmm, must add this to prayer list. They only see things at a short distance but they lack the eyes to see further. It will take time for them to understand.

Ok, my subnick on MSN/FB has created some friends to nudged me about the Big Day. All i can say is please be patient, the good news and date will be out soon and a celebration will be held in HK definitely.

Oh, i repainted my nails, will post the pictures when i get back to the office.

No comments: